Section 6. To establish a university called ď Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya UniversityĒ and it is a juristic person.
The University is the institute of education and research with the objectives to provide education, research, to promote and to give academic services on Buddhism to Buddhist monks, novices and lay people and also to foster and maintain the arts and cultures.
Section 7. It is a State University.
Section 8. The University may classify working sections as follows:
( 1 ) Office of the Rector
( 2 ) Office of campus affairs
( 3 ) Graduate School
( 4 ) Faculty
( 5 ) Institution
( 6 ) Office
( 7 ) Center
( 8 ) College
The University may have the office called in other names with the equal status to faculty, institution, office, center or college as the office of university in order to fulfill the objectives mentioned in section 6.
The office of the Rector and office of campus affairs may classify working sections as division, office called in other names with the equal status to division.
Graduate School may classify working sections as the office of Dean, division or office called in other names with the equal status to division.
Faculty or office called in other names with the equal status to faculty, may classify working sections as the office of dean, department, division or office called in other names with the equal status to department or division.
Institution, office, center, college or office called in other named with the equal status to institution, office, center or college may classify working sections as the office of administration, division or office called in other names with the equal status to division.
Section 9. The establishment, combination, to wind up the office of campus, graduate school, faculty, institution, office, center, college or office called in other names with the equal status to faculty, institution, office, center or college. It needs to have the specification of university proclaimed as the government gazette.
The classification of working sections as division, office of dean, department, office of administration or office called in other names with the equal status with above sections must be made as the announcement in the government gazette.
Section 10. According to the objectives in section 6, the University may accept the high education institute or the institute of Buddhist research as affiliated institutes and has an authority to bestow a degree, diploma or certificate in any level to students who graduated from the high education institute or the institute of Buddhist research.
To affiliate or to wind up the affiliate as mentioned in paragraph one, follows the Universityís specification and it must be the Universityís announcement in the government gazette.
The control of high education institute or the institute of Buddhist research accepted as the affiliated institute in paragraph one, follows the Universityís specification.
Section 11. University affairs are not subject to the labors protection law, labor relations law, social security law, law of workmenís compensation. But the Universityís officials must receive the benefits not less than benefits stated in the law on protecting labors, law on social security and law of workmenís compensation.
The ministry of finance authorizes to put up collateral security in debt money or any kind of university debt as if the state university according to the law on authorizing the ministry of finance in suretyship.
Section 12. University has an authority and duty to run various affairs subjected to the objectives stated in section 5 and the mentioned authority includes:
(1) To buy, to build, to procure, to convey, to receive an alienation, to rent, to let, to hire purchase, to buy on the installment plan, exchange, dominium, presumptive title, various rights of property and to sell movable and immovable properties both inside and outside the kingdom including to receive the donated and dedicated properties.
To exchange or to sell the university immovable property can be done only with the acquired immovable property according to section 13 paragraph three with the objectives to sell and exchange.
(2) To receive the fee, dues, payment, penalty, service charge for providing service under the authority and duty of university, including to make an agreement and to specify the conditions regarding the payment and service.
(3) To collaborate with other organizations whether government sector or private sector in the functions regarding teaching, research, the service of academic on Buddhism for society and nurturing arts and cultures.
(4) To borrow, to loan with a person, property and investment as the performance bond, this is for the benefits in performing activities according to the objectives of university stated in section 6.
(5) To collaborate with other organizations, foreign organizations and international organizations in the activities regarding teaching, research, to service an academic on Buddhism to society and nurturing arts and cultures.
(6) To provide a scholarship and research scholarship in various fields.
Section 13. The revenue of university comes from:
(1) Yearly bounty from government.
(2) Grant-in-aid and property donated or dedicated by donors.
(3) Grant-in-aid from the ecclesiastical property, additional benefits, fee, payment, penalty and service charge of university.
(4) Income and additional benefits from investment and the property of university.
(5) Other income and additional benefits.
The general bounty stated in (1), the government must directly offer it to the university through the suggestion of ministry of education, enough for the necessary expense in running works according to the objectives of university stated in section 6.
The university is the ownership of acquired immovable property donated or dedicated by donors or bought by the proceeds of auction of university or exchanged with university property.
The university authorizes in administration, taking care of, nurturing, using and seeking the benefits from university property.
The university income is not supposed to be sent to the ministry of finance according to treasury reserve law and budget law.
In case, if the income is not sufficient for the expense of university functions and other proper charge and the university is unable to get money from other sources, the government should offer budget to the university as it needs.
Section 14. The property of university is not subject to the liability of compulsory execution and a person is unable to set up against the university in the property.
Section 15. The income and property of university must be managed to achieve the objectives of university stated in section 6 or the objectives stated by those who dedicate property to university.
Section 16. Subject to section 12 (1), the ownership of immovable property of university can be sold or conveyed under the Act of Parliament.